The Whitefish Performing Arts Center (PAC) is located in downtown Whitefish within the Middle School. Crafted from a 75-year-old dilapidated auditorium, the facility was renovated by means of a $5.2 million private fundraising effort. When it opened in 2007, it was hailed as a “mini-Carnegie Hall.”- one of the finest performance halls of its size in the Pacific Northwest. Over 1000 community supporters (including many school kids, teachers and administrators) donated to the fundraising effort, and their pride and enthusiasm for the PAC remains strong to this day.
The PAC is available for rental by performing groups when it is not needed for school functions. In fact, this facility has become a critical new venue in our community to host outside arts and cultural events as well as outreach programs. Since the PAC opened its doors in 2007, here is a list of companies that utilize our stage:
- Alpine Theatre Project (ATP)
- Whitefish Arts Council (WAC)
- Glacier Symphony and Chorale (GSC)
- Singer and Simpson Productions
- FreshLife Church (FLC)
- Home School Theatre Club (HSTC)
- Dance Elements
- Noble Dance
- Academy of Performing Arts
- North Valley Music School
- Nonprofit Fundraisers
- Montana Repertory Theatre performances sponsored by the Whitefish Theatre Company
- the Western Governor’s Association Regional Conference
While the renovation of the Performing Arts Center was completed in 2007, there are ongoing maintenance and upgrade needs. Donations to this fund will help preserve and maintain this valuable resource to the community.