Micro Grants address two types of projects: (1) Unexpected needs and (2) projects that need $500-$1,000 or less. The Committee meets on a monthly basis, the second week of each month to review grant applications. Applicants are notified following the review process.
2016 Micro Grant Program Awards:
- Lighthouse Christian Home: $2,500 Stairwell and Supporting Deck Replacement at residence apartment.
- Whitefish Winter Carnival: $2,000 Winter Carnival Float Capital Expense.
- Montana Equestrian Event: $2,000 The Event at Rebecca Farms Volunteer Program and MSU Survey
- CASA for Kids: $1,000 for Camp Connect workbooks and supplies for advocate training.
- Farm Hands – Nourish the Flathead: $1,000 for Double Snap program offering matching SNAP funds at both the Whitefish and Columbia Falls Farmer’s Market.
- Stumptown Art Studio: $1,000 Program Support
- Whitefish Legacy Partners: $1,000 Adopt-A-Trail Sponsor
- Whitefish/Columbia Falls Swim Team: $500 Program Support
- Whitefish Safe Grad Night: $500 Class of 2016 Grad Night Party
- Glacier Nordic Club: $250 Program Support