We all look forward to spending Thanksgiving with family and friends this Thursday. On “Black Friday” many will be shopping for bargains. Saturday has been tagged as “Small Business Saturday” and Monday has become known as “Cyber Monday”.
On Tuesday, December 2nd, consider taking a few deep breaths and then join people from around the country to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Make a donation to help others this holiday season. Your gift will impact the work of many local nonprofits through the next year.
- An uninsured family is able to smile again with free dental care
- An abused woman is provided shelter and support
- A cancer patient receives financial assistance
- A homeless person has a warm place to spend the night
- A single mother is able to feed her family
- A grieving child finds comfort
The Whitefish Community Foundation believes in the Power of Giving Together. In 2014 the gifts received by the Foundation provided funding to over 100 local nonprofit organizations.
- $750,142 Awarded to 74 local nonprofits at the 2014 ANNUAL GRANT AWARDS PRESENTATION
- $250,000 from the Iron Horse Foundation Fund to the Whitefish School District’s Center for Applied Media, Arts and Sciences
- Over $257,647 Awarded to local nonprofits through the COMMUNITY GRANTS FUND
- $25,000 MAJOR GRANT AWARD to the Whitefish School District for the Center for Applied Media, Arts and Sciences
- $100,000 CHALLENGE GRANT awarded to Whitefish Legacy Partners to complete the Beaver Lakes Conservation Easement. $25,000 was a major grant award from the Whitefish Community Foundation. The remaining $75,000 was given by members of the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Flathead Nordic Backcountry Patrol received the DORIS SCHUMM COMMUNITY SPIRIT AWARD for its efforts to keep backcountry skiers safe.
- Whitefish Figure Skating Club received the GREAT FISH AWARD for its work on the Stumptown Ice Den Renovation.
- Inaugural RUSS AND MARY JANE STREET COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD was presented to The Whitefish Lake Institute for its commitment to monitoring Whitefish Lake for invasive aquatic species.
- Helped raise $2.3 million for the Whitefish School District’s Center for Applied Media, Arts and Sciences.
- IMMEDIATE MICRO GRANT program supported 10 nonprofits, totaling $13,189 for unexpected or emergency needs.
- $165,000 in ENDOWMENT FUNDS distributed to provide sustainable source of income for local nonprofits.
Read More About Whitefish Community Foundation News and Updates.