We all look forward to spending Thanksgiving with family and friends this Thursday. On “Black Friday” many will be shopping for bargains. Saturday has been tagged as “Shop Local” day and Monday has become known as “Cyber Monday”.
On Tuesday, December 3rd, consider taking a few deep breaths and then join people from around the country to celebrate #Giving Tuesday by making a donation to help others this holiday season and through the next year.
The Whitefish Community Foundation believes in the Power of Giving Together. In 2013 the gifts received by the Foundation provided funding to nearly 100 local nonprofit organizations.
- $1,434,758 Awarded to over 100 local nonprofits at the 2013 ANNUAL GRANT AWARDS PRESENTATION
- $1 Million from Iron Horse Foundation Fund to Whitefish High School
- Over $182,000 Awarded to local nonprofits through the COMMUNITY GRANTS FUND
- $25,000 MAJOR GRANT AWARD for Shepherd’s Hand Free Clinic’s new dental program
- Flathead Valley Ski Education Foundation received the DORIS SCHUMM COMMUNITY SPIRIT AWARD
- Stumptown Art Studio was recognized for outstanding community service with the GREAT FISH AWARD