The Great Fish Community Challenge, which, after its first two years in action, has become an efficient and essential fundraising campaign that is building the sustainability of our local nonprofits. The Challenge was founded in 2015 by the Whitefish Community Foundation as a charitable giving campaign. It promotes a giving season in Whitefish by offering participating nonprofits a challenge to earn a matching grant. In 2016, the Challenge helped 40 nonprofits raise over $1.4 million including the match of $322,000.
This year, you have the opportunity to donate to the following 45 nonprofits July 20th – September 15th. We make it easy to give to several charities with just one donation through the Great Fish Community Challenge. You can be confident that 100% of your donation will go to your designated nonprofits and you will maximize your contribution by earning your favorite charities a matching grant on a percentage of your donation.
- Abbie Shelter
- Backpack Assistance Program
- Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation
- CASA for Kids
- Center for Restorative Youth Justice
- CF-WF Swim Teams
- Child Bridge
- Dream Adaptive Recreation
- Farm Hands-Nourish the Flathead
- Flathead Area Mountain Bikers
- Flathead Cancer Aid Services
- Flathead Land Trust
- Flathead Rapids
- Flathead Shelter Friends
- Flathead Valley Community College Foundation
- Flathead Valley Ski Education Foundation
- Flathead Youth Home
- Friends of the Flathead Avalanche Center
- Glacier Institute
- Glacier National Park Conservancy
- Glacier Nordic Club
- Glacier Symphony and Chorale
- Habitat for Humanity
- Nate Chute Foundation
- North Valley Food Bank
- North Valley Hospital Foundation
- North Valley Music School
- Project Whitefish Kids
- Samaritan House
- Shepherd’s Hand Free Clinic
- Sparrow’s Nest of NW Montana
- Stumptown Art Studio
- Tamarack Grief Resource Center
- WAG- Whitefish Animal Group
- Whitefish Firefighters Association
- Whitefish Lake Institute
- Whitefish Legacy Partners
- Whitefish Review
- Whitefish Rotary Charitable Fund
- Whitefish Sports Facilities Foundation
- Whitefish Theatre Co.
- Whitefish Veterans Support Team
- WSD Education Foundation
- WWC- Whitefish Winter Carnival
The Challenge will officially launch on July 20th with a Great Fish Kickoff Event at First Interstate Bank of Whitefish, where there will be opportunities to give your favorite nonprofits a strong start. You’re invited to come enjoy hors’ d’oeuvres and drinks, giveaways and grants on Thursday, July 20th from 5:00-7:00 PM. You will be entered to win an extra bonus grant of $25-$50 for your selected nonprofits by donating to them through the Great Fish Challenge at the Kickoff event.
The 2017 Great Fish Community Challenge will run from July 20 – September 15, 2017 and benefit 45 local nonprofits. The Great Fish Fun/Color Run will be held September 9.
You can help set the pace for a successful 2017 Challenge by donating to the Great Fish Match Fund now. The Whitefish Community Foundation will start the match fund with $200,000. As gifts are made to the Great Fish Challenge Match Fund the matching dollars will grow to provide a bigger incentive for people to give to their charities through the Challenge. Help us grow the match and inspire our community to give!
The Great Fish Community Challenge is organized by the Whitefish Community Foundation. The Foundation covers all the costs of the Challenge for the participating charities including credit card fees, advertising, marketing, and so much more, plus a percentage match. The idea is to bring awareness to the participating nonprofits and the programs they provide to benefit our communities.