19 Apr Change the Attitude – Change the Impact
On the evening of April 18, the Whitefish Community Foundation held it’s third and last Educational Workshop of the year. The focus of this workshop was board leadership and oversight, and board of directors as well as staff and volunteers were encouraged to attend.
Groups of attendees were given common issues most boards of nonprofit organizations have faced or will in their future, and they had to brainstorm how to improve their overall impact and focus of their ‘organization’.
The following local nonprofit organizations were in attendance:
- Amazing Place Music
- Backpack Assistance Program
- CASA for Kids
- DREAM Adaptive Recreation
- Farm Hands
- Flathead Shelter Friends
- Flathead Valley Ski Education Foundation
- Friends of the Flathead Avalanche Center
- Glacier Children’s Museum
- Glacier National Park Conservancy
- Glacier Nordic Ski Club
- Hockaday Museum of Art
- Lighthouse Christian Home
- Nate Chute Foundation
- North Valley Music School
- NW Montana Forest Fire Lookout Association
- Project Whitefish Kids
- Shepherd’s Hand
- Soroptimist International of Whitefish
- Whitefish Community Foundation
- Whitefish Lake Institute
- Whitefish Theatre Co.
We would also like to congratulate Kacy Howard of the Nate Chute Foundation who was the winner of our $250 Instant Grant!
Special thanks to the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation for supporting the 2019 Nonprofit Workshop Series!