Whitefish Community Foundation is accepting grant applications for the 2017 Community Grant Program. The application will open February 1 and must be submitted on or before February 28. The application will close on the 28th at 5 PM. Application for the Community Grant Program is open to current 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in the Flathead County. Priority is given to nonprofits serving the Whitefish area. Grants will be announced on May 15 and the Grants will be hand delivered in May.
Following are the guidelines for the program:
- The maximum grant amount will be $4,000.
- Nonprofits that participated in the Great Fish Challenge in 2016 may not apply for a 2017 Community Grant.
- Preschools may apply
- Whitefish School District projects will apply for funding through the Whitefish Education Foundation which received funding through the Great Fish Community Challenge.
- Application period opens on Wednesday, February 1
- Application process closes February 28
- Applications must be submitted online
- Grants will be awarded in May
- You must be a current 501c3 nonprofit organization.
- Preference will be given to projects that directly benefit the Whitefish Community.
- Grants will not be considered for:
- Organizations outside Flathead County
- Deficits or retirement of debt
- Organizations or institutions operated primarily by religious organizations
- Political campaigns or organizations that publicly take political positions
- Seed money for projects or programs not yet started or for projects or programs that are completed or conducted prior to the grant award date
- The application can be reached from the Nonprofit Grant Programs Page of the Foundation’s website.