We are pleased to present to you the enclosed 2012 Community Grant Report. The Foundation reached a new level of giving this year that greatly benefited the programs offered by our nonprofits and our community.
In 2012, Whitefish Community Foundation funding impacted important and critical needs listed below and so much more:
Helping Shepherd’s Hand provide access to medical care for individuals and families
- Assisting North Valley Food Bank with its capital campaign for a new facility
- Funding equipment for DREAM Adaptive Recreation to provide exercise and recreation to individuals with disability needs
- Replacing stoves in affordable housing complex Mountain View Manor for seniors and people with disabilities
- Improving facilities at local shelters Samaritan House and Ray of Hope
- Aiding Whitefish Rotary with a Christmas gift program for underprivileged children
As one person you may not be able to support all of these worthwhile activities, but when you give to the Whitefish Community Foundation, your gift is combined with gifts from many other people like you to create more sizable grants to these and many more local organizations.
In the twelve years it has been in existence, the Foundation has given more than one million dollars to non-profits operating in and benefiting Whitefish. With the help of our Donor-Advised Funds we have distributed over $7 million to nonprofits. This year alone, we gave more than $350,000 through community grants. We’re proud of this record, but we’d like to be able to do more for the many important organizations who have asked for our help.
If you have been thinking of making an impact in your community through a charitable donation, taking advantage of the Montana Charitable Endowment Tax Credit or leaving a legacy through your estate, please contact us and let us help you fulfill your philanthropic intentions. No matter how large or small, your gift will make a difference in your community.
Please join us. Giving together creates impact.