- Interested in Nonprofit Board Development Training? We understand the importance of ensuring that appropriate governance practices are established and board members are aware of their responsibilities. We are now offering a personalized training opportunity to help local nonprofits develop an effective board orientation, free for nonprofits with no paid staff and on a sliding scale for nonprofits with paid staff. Call us today to set up your training.
- The Whitefish Community Foundation is a resource for nonprofits. We provide several programs to help nonprofits improve their bookkeeping, governance, and community outreach programs. Regular Nonprofit Breakfast Trainings allow nonprofit executives, staff, and board to come together to ask questions, brainstorm issues, and gain valuable insight on policies and procedures. Register for Nonprofit Breakfast Trainings HERE. Thank you to the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation for sponsoring the Nonprofit Breakfast Training’s.
- Nonprofits that hold endowment funds with the Whitefish Community Foundation are able to use the Community Foundation as a knowledge base to receive assistance with bookkeeping questions, accounting advice, and endowment development assistance.
- Nonprofits are constantly working to develop their Board and train new board members. There are several excellent resources for board development including CompassPoint. The Community Foundation is also a resource to help train your new board members in good board governance. Visit the Nonprofit Breakfast Meetings Calendar to find out when the next workshop will be held.
- The Great Fish Community Challenge is just one way the Community Foundation helps nonprofits with community outreach and fundraising. Nonprofits can also sign up to exhibit in the Community Booth at the local Tuesday night farmer’s market June through September each year. Scheduling for the booth begins in April of each year.
Call us to find out how we can help you improve your nonprofit governance, bookkeeping, and board development. 406-863-1781 or email us.
The Community Foundation annually holds nonprofit workshops and professional adviser seminars.
Recent Workshops and Seminars:
Endowment Investment Management Presentation September 23, 2016: Resources
Principals and Practices of Nonprofit Oversight April 25, 2016: Resources
Creating Sound Financial Policy January 17, 2017: Resources
Components of a Nonprofit Dashboard, February 21, 2017: Resources
Bookkeeping Basics March 21, 2017: Resources
Board Governance and Oversight April 18, 2017: Resources
Whitefish Community Foundation gratefully acknowledges the support of the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation for the 2018 Nonprofit Training Series.