Whitefish Community Foundation | Important Reminders for Nonprofit Fiscal Responsibility
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-2259,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,side_area_uncovered_from_content,footer_responsive_adv,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-13.1.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.5,vc_responsive

Important Reminders for Nonprofit Fiscal Responsibility

Important Reminders for Nonprofit Fiscal Responsibility

Don’t forget about these upcoming IRS deadlines.  If you have any questions, please give us a call.  We are happy to help.

  • File Form 941 for the 4th Quarter of 2014
  • Deliver W-2s to all employees receiving pay during 2014
  • File Form UI5 (Unemployment tax) for the 4th Quarter of 2014

Helpful tip:  Try their new online filing through Epass Montana.  It is much easier than their previous WARP system.  If you already have an Epass account for paying your withholding tax, you can just add UI eServices for Employers to your Services.  To sign up for Epass, go to www.app.mt.gov/epass.


  • Deliver 1099 MISC to any independent contractors (Box 7) you paid more than $600 during 2014.  You must also furnish a 1099 MISC to vendors for payments totaling more than $600 for rent (Box 1) or legal services (Box 14).


  • File Form W-3 and Copy A of W-2s with the Social Security Administration.

Helpful tip: You can file online by setting up an account with the Social Security Administration at www.ssa.gov/bso .  You can also print copies for your employees from their website.

  • File Form 1096 and 1099 MISCs issued with the Internal Revenue Service.
  • File Form MW3 Montana Annual Wage Withholding Tax Reconciliation with Copy 1 of Forms W-2 (and 1099 MISC only if any state tax was withheld-an unusual circumstance).

BY APRIL 15th:

  •  File annual corporate report with Montana Secretary of State.  You can file online at www.sos.mt.gov; filing fee is $15.

BY MAY 15th:

  • File Form 990 with the IRS for calendar year filers.  If you use a fiscal year the due date is the 15th day of the 5th month following your year end.  For example a Sept. 30 year end return would be due February 15th.  If you need an extension, file Form 8868 for an additional 3 months to file.  If your gross receipts are normally less than $50,000 you must still file, but you can file the 990-N postcard electronically here:http://epostcard.form990.org/